Step into Shadow Falls, a camp for teens with supernatural powers. Here friendship thrives, love takes you by surprise, and our hearts possess the greatest magic of all.
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever... and not always for the better.
Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever could have imagined.
It is here! Taken at Dusk is finally here! I am so excited. I have been waiting so long for this day. And I know you have, too. So I want to thank you for being so patient, but the wait is over! Now that Taken at Dusk is released, I wanted to share the list of the thirteen things you’ll learn from reading Taken at Dusk:
- The only thing worse than trying to help a woman with amnesia remember her name and life is trying to help a dead woman with amnesia remember hers.
- Be careful what you wish for—you might just get it . . . and the reality will probably not be anything like the fantasy.
- The person you think is your enemy could just turn into a friend who'll do anything to save you.
- The scariest thing in the world isn't ghosts or rogue vampires bent on murder—it's falling in love.
- Explaining why you have a skunk curled up in your arms to your mom and your old best friend is as easy as eating a brownie while brushing your teeth.
- We all make mistakes, which is why it's so important to practice forgiveness.
- The only thing worse than a pissed-off shape-shifter is a pissed-off shape-shifter in love.
- Sometimes the earth really does have to open up and swallow you whole before you can accept the truth that's right in front of you.
- Vampires have no sense of humor . . . especially when they get turned into a kangaroo.
- Free will gives us choices, but even making the right choices can't change destiny …and learning to accept that can be the most painful lesson of all.
- People aren’t always who they say they are, even if you really want them to be.
- Sometimes when you try to save someone, they end up saving you instead.
- Never get between a dragon and a warlock on the war path.
I bet you will learn a few more things, too. Like who the new girl at Shadow Falls is and her connection to Derek. Oh, and boy do things heat up for Kylie in Taken at Dusk! And I’m not talking about the Texas heat. So, get ready to join Kylie and her friends as she finally discovers what she is and gets closer to finding the answer to the all important question: Lucas or Derek?
I also wanted to give everyone who belongs to the newsletter the heads up about a new contest St. Martins is hosting. They are giving away 50 Shadow Falls prize packs. See info and link below to enter.
Enter For a Chance to Win 1 of 50 prize packs, which includes a Shadow Falls Series t-shirt, pen and note pad. http://tinyurl.com/7kuyg9n
I hope you enjoy Taken at Dusk because Whispers at Moonrise will be out before you know it.
Kylie knows what she is, but now she must learn how to harness the powers she's been gifted or spiral out of control. To find her answers, she must find her real grandfather, but his distrust of Burnett and the organization he works for keeps the two of them apart. Just when her relationship with Lucas feels solid, she learns he's forbidden to go out with her. Will he choose his pack over her? Is her frustration toward Lucas what’s making Derek look like the guy she shouldn’t have let go? Finally connecting with her grandfather, Kylie feels a close bond she needs to explore, but he insists she must live with her own kind. Will finding her true identify mean leaving Shadow Falls?
Find out the answers when Whispers at Moonrise is released soon.
Home + Bio + Books + Fun + Contest + Events + Special Content + Contact + Blog + Site
© cchunterbooks.com 2011. All rights reserved. Site by Glass Slipper WebDesign.